Membership Outreach Coordinator
Job Description .5 FTE
Teaching Artist Organized is seeking a passionate arts education advocate with teaching artist experience as well as a strong outreach and membership background. The ideal person must be a self-starter comfortable with creative thinking within the boundaries of running the nuts and bolts of a membership driven organization. This organization is entering its second phase of establishing itself as a national model serving Teaching Artists.
This position supports the full membership of TAO to coordinate all marketing and communication tasks related to building and maintaining TAO’s membership.
● Work closely with the Membership Committee and Chair (that’s me!) to coordinate key administrative tasks related to marketing and communications
● Create and post content on TAO website and blog
● Actively participate in social networks on TAO’s behalf
● Create and distribute written correspondence with TAO members including e-newsletters
● Be the first point of contact for all membership-related questions and build relationships with current members
● Work with TAO Administrator to process new membership sign-ups and membership renewals
● Coordinate TAO-produced events
● Represent TAO at tabling events and other community forums
● Maintain membership database and always be looking for new ways to increase membership and improve the membership experience
· At least 3 years of professional experience in marketing, communications, sales or related fields
· Experience working with non-profit organizations
· A bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
· Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office, email marketing, social media, blogging
· Very strong writer and speaker
· Enthusiasm for teaching artists, the arts, arts education. Experience as a teaching artist is a plus!
· Autonomy and Accuracy: The ability to manage your work with a careful attention to detail.
· Flexibility: We are an organization where change happens, often. An ability to multi-task and manage challenges in a variety of situations is key.
· Ability to communicate and collaborate with others.
This is presently a 20 hour a week non-benefit—work from home job—as the organization grows so will the position. With the effective growth there are benefit’s options in the future. Salary at present is $30 dollars an hour, 20 hours a week. This search will conclude the first week in December with a hire date mid December.
Please e-mail a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Mary Sutton at Mary@theatreworks.org. No phone calls please.